The chef’s knife is the workhorse in every kitchen. With its razor-sharp edge and hand-forged blade, the Messermeister Elité 8 Inch Kullenschliff Chef’s Knife allows you to chop, slice, dice and mince your way through extended cutting tasks without fatigue.
This knife comes with the Messermeister Knife for Life™ guarantee, which provides a lifetime warranty against material and manufacturing defects.
The Messermeister Meridian Elité knife collection defines tradition with a triple-rivet, full-exposed tang handle. These knives are one-piece, hot-drop hammer forged from a single billet of the finest German stainless steel alloy and fitted with the most durable industrial strength, ergonomic handle in the world. Meridian Elité knives are handcrafted and polished one at a time using the same techniques that have been the hallmark of fine Solingen-made cutlery that have stood the test of time. Meridian Elité knives are the authentically superior, forged and triple-riveted knives manufactured in Solingen, Germany.
The Messermeister Meridian Elité 8” Chef’s Knife has an industrial strength polyoxymethylene or “POM” handle. You will gravitate to this knife and will find yourself using it for 90% of all your cutting tasks. The hand-forged blade has been ground down to a thin profile to create a razor-sharp edge. The alternating kullenschliffs (a.k.a. kullens, hollows or grantons) on each side of the knife reduce drag and prevent items from sticking to the blade.
Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
Do not place in dishwasher.
Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- The German 1.4116 stainless carbon alloy blade resists stains and corrosion, exhibits toughness and durability, holds its edge retention, and is easy to re-sharpen to a razor-like edge.
- This knife line is one-piece and hot-drop hammer forged, which produces the strongest blade from heel to tip. The blades are heat-treated and cooled to achieve a Rockwell of 57-58.
- The three-step, 15° Elité edge is hand-stropped on a cloth wheel, creating the sharpest possible cutting surface on an edged tool.
- The bolsterless heel simplifies all cutting, sharpening and honing tasks, making use of the entire blade from heel to tip.
- Handcrafted in the historic cutlery capital of Solingen, Germany.
- Knife for Life™ guaranteed
- 100% Messermeister quality